In The South, knowing how to layer is a must. There is a common misconception when it comes to layering, many women avoid it because they think the layers will make them look like they have packed on a few pounds. Follow this simple rules and you’ll never feel “fluffy” again!
Rules for Layering:
- Start with a basic, fitted top like a camisole or t-shirt. Keep the colors solid or a basic striped or polka dot pattern.
- Add a cardigan or lightweight sweater.
- Add a lightweight jacket, like a denim jacket. Something slim works best if you need to layer a winter coat on top, but denim and leather always work!
- Don’t need a coat? Feel free to add a heavy knit sweater here to keep you cozy.
- Add a lightweight scarf if it’s not too chilly or a knit scarf if the temperatures have dropped!
- Throw on your favorite accessories. Bangles, earrings, rings, or a statement necklace. As you shed the layers, these will keep the outfit interesting!
- Add color on the second layer to get a pop of brightness!
- Tie your scarf in a ton of ways to give your outfits a little OOMPH!
- Flowy scarves and sweaters in your way? Belt them!
- Mix up the fabric textures, lengths and weights! Too many of the same fabric types will add on pounds!