It’s hard to believe that Louette is 2 years old this week! When my husband said to me the other morning “You have just finished your sophomore year!”. I laughed because that description couldn’t be more accurate. Freshman year of high school is new, exciting and…extremely terrifying (at least for me it was. Not sure I have ever gotten over “the tripping in Senior Parking lot incident” back in 1996). That first year launching Louette felt very similar. Okay there weren’t any heckling Seniors but I did trip in The Village Exchange parking lot taking out the trash amongst many other novice mistakes.
Year Two: Sophomore year is less scary because you know what to expect. However the expectations are higher. You made your mistakes and now you have to apply what you learned. Easier said than done!
Here are a few things I have learned:
1. Be patient–Rome wasn’t built in a day. Neither will your business or house or pool or whatever you are trying to build.
2. Use your allies–I have some amazingly talented and creative friends that have been eager to help whenever I have asked. The asking is the hardest part sometimes. Ask for help, it helps.
3. Believe–I am always my worst critic. But when I stick to an idea it usually pans out. Even if it’s a crazy, hair-brained idea that has my employees questioning my sanity.
4. Bookeeping sucks. Accounting stinks but part of the gig. Sigh.
5. Be kind. I have met and work with some of the most amazing people on the planet and kindness goes a long way in even business–contrary to popular belief.
As any business owner will tell you, owning a business is like adding another baby to the family. It’s a labor of love for sure. I tip my hat to ALL the other local entrepreneurs out there. It’s not for the faint of heart.
These two years have been challenging and incredible. Some of the highlights include: crazy tent sales, holiday MADNESS, celebrity clients and many, many markets!
We have loads in store for YEAR THREE. Here’s a sneak peak at products to be featured on our NEW online shop. LAUNCHING SOON!!!
Happy Birthday to us!